The CEO behind the company that dares to challenge MNCs
Established 20 years ago in 1985 by Founder, Dr Tor Lam Huat, L.D. Waxson is the pioneer manufacturer in beauty & body care products in Singapore. With foresight and a strong enterprising spirit, Dr Tor has taken L.D. Waxson from a fledging enterprise to be a homegrown regional establishment with operations in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong and China and market reach to more than 15 countries including the USA, Europe, Japan, Middle East and S.E Asia countries. Its local distribution in Singapore reaches over 800 retail outlets island-wide, allowing easy access the products everyone.
Dr Tor is also the creator of the renowned brand, Bio-essence which houses many unique products with rapid efficacies such as Face Lifting Cream and 24k Gold Eye Contour Lifting Serum. In May 2001, during an interview with Business Straits, a Singapore-Malaysian publication, he confidently said, “Bio-essence dares to challenge the big international brands”. As a matter of fact, Bio-essence Face Lifting Cream is the No. 1 selling facial care product in Singapore since 2004. Bio-essence is also the fourth best selling facial care brand only after the top 3 international brands.
To be the leading Global Manufacturing and Marketing Enterprise for beauty, body and health care products.
- To deliver a rewarding and memorable total beauty, body and health experience to all our customers globally with our innovative range of products.
- To be a caring and innovative organization that brings youthfulness, beauty and health to the public.
Mission Towards Consumers
- To formulate innovative, effective, safe and user-friendly products, providing best value for money to consumers.
- To advocate proper beauty care concepts for consumers’ benefit.
- To provide excellent after-sales service.
Mission Towards Employees
- To be fair and just, highly respect the employee’s integrity and rights.
- To provide hygienic, clean, orderly, safe and pleasant working environment.
- To enjoy competitive pay and a sense of security and belonging.
- To encourage employees to achieve full life value; love the job with teamwork spirit and grow together with the company.
Mission Towards Management Staff
- The management staff should be capable, experienced, talented, cultivated and posses a sense of care and fairness.
- To be devoted to the company and be responsible to the society.
- To continuously select, develop and retain talents so as to build a dynamic team.
Mission Towards Shareholders
- To operate proficiently and efficiently to give shareholders good returns. - To continuously work on R&D.
- To continuously plan for new products and new markets globally.
- To exercise our utmost to achieve the above and ensure good returns to shareholders.
Mission Towards Distributors/Suppliers
- To grow together with good relationships of honesty & trust.
- To allow reasonable profits for them.
Mission Towards Society
- To "gain from the society, contribute to the society".
- To be supportive towards charitable and educational causes.
- To pay taxes gloriously.
|Universal love & benevolence to all human beings||Be just, fair & righteous to all||Be sincere to staff, suppliers, customers & consumers||Be honest & positive in marketing, sales and advertising|
For almost a decade, Bio-essence has always been on the forefront of innovation to develop effective new products catering to the needs of the consumers and offering a variety of highly popular products to help women and men achieve and maintain gorgeous, healthy skin. Today, Bio-essence with more than 100 products under the brand, including popular ranges like the Shape V Face series (Anti-aging), Tanaka White series (Whitening), 24K Bio-Gold with Bird’s Nest series (Eye, face and neck care) , HydraSpa series (Hydration) as well as Celebrity’s Choice series (Body care) and Nugeno series (Men skin care) out of which many has clinched awards from retailers like Watsons, Guardian and Giant for best selling and most wanted items under facial, eye and body care; Numerous awards were presented by female magazines including Herworld, Female, CLEO, Singapore Women’s Weekly for outstanding performances in product efficacies as reviewed and voted by the editors and readers over the years. Some top selling products include the Bio-essence Face Lifting Cream (Over one million bottles sold and ranking No.1 Sales for individual performing SKU for 7 consecutive years from 2004-2010), Radiant Youth Essence and Deep Exfoliating Gel. Bio-essence is also the brand synonymous with open and public mega challenges to prove its advertising claims. It has held more than 10 public challenge events across Asia each involving more than a hundred people. Consumers were able to instantly see, measure and prove the efficacies of the Bio-essence products through photographs on the spot.